Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Aloha!

This is a lap quilt I made for my twin sister in honor of our 50th birthay. (Yes, that was a few years ago- 5 to be exact!!!)


She and her husband hosted a party for us- a luau complete with a Hawaiian musicians and dancers. Naturally, the entertainment included embarrassing ourselves as we did our best to look like tourists on Waikiki.
I used a fabric with bird of paradise for the border. We grew up with those flowers in our yard, and we also had a framed pastel of them in our living room for many years. So it worked well with the party connection and a little piece of our childhood too.
The backing fabric also included bird of paradise...



I have the quilt back at my house to finally put a label on it! (Soon, I promise, Sis!!!)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful quilt, no doubt your sister will spend many restful moments snuggled up in it! I have a dresdan plate that needing to be sandwiched and quilted for my mother-in-law that was supposed to be her Mother's day present LAST year! It's a good thing that our loved ones are patient!

    ReplyDelete