Monday, March 21, 2011

Some Tops Added to the Stack

Every month, someone in our quilt group gets blocks from everyone- in the pattern of their choosing. I asked for some red or turquoise blocks with white centers.





I didn't really have a layout plan, but this is what I came up with. Some of the other blocks are used on the backing. When I finish it, it will be donated for a charity auction.



And the one below is a baby quilt top that I made in the middle of working on the quilt above. While digging around in my stash, I found the HST's that were left over from a Zig Zag quilt I made for my grandson. For some reason, I HAD to sew them together. IMMEDIATELY.
And then I HAD to use this GIANT polka dot for the borders. I'll use a smaller dot for the binding.



Make it a Wonderful Day!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! They're both so charming in totally different ways. Thanks for sharing every day, I know I don't comment much but you do give me lots of smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great. I have to say I LOVE those polka dots!!! It looks terrific offset against the stripes. Perfect to border those HSTs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice tops, I'm inspired by the blue one. Giant polka dots, who would've thought? CUTE!!
    I don't know if anyone has said, but I do like your new look with white background on your blog, every picture just pops now!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete