Monday, April 4, 2011

Purple 9 Patch

Last year, our quilt group made 9 patches to exhange every month... I've got mine sewn together, along with a few more of my own, sashed in a purple print. (These photos really don't capture the color very well at all! The colors are much more vibrant.)
See the blue square here in the border? It's a scrap from a dress my mom made when I was 10- We went to Hawaii, and she made a matching shift for her and a shirt for my dad. she made dresses for my sister and me too- wish I still had them!! My sister gave me this fabric recently, and I thought it would be fun to include a bit of it in this scrappy quilt.


Make it a Wonderful Day!

2 comments:

  1. So nice, love the block border too!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt made with blocks from friends. I really like the addition of your Hawaiian dress fabric ;-)

    ReplyDelete