Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Penny Pointsettia

Okay, it's been a while since I've posted! We traveled to spend Christmas with our grands and a few of our kids. The sun was shining in the Bay area, and it was great to spend time with everyone: making art with the kids every day, cooking yummy treats, shopping, wrapping, playing games, and just having a great time.


But I wanted to share this year's wool picture I made for our annual Quilt Group gift exchange. It's mostly recycled wool from thrifted wool clothing and old beads and buttons. I was thinking of the traditional penny quilts when I put this together.

Make it a Wonderful Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love the wool picture. I have framed many a stitchery projects and even sold a few. Never have I framed a piece like this. A great idea and beautiful.

    Glad you got to spend time with the grands. Sounds like you had a great time! Happy New Year! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture is beautiful. Your red pointsettia really pops! I like all your recycled items in the piece. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola amiga!! hermoso este trabajo!! Feliz 2012

    ReplyDelete