Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gingham for Ivie

 I'm a new Great-Aunt! My great niece's name is Ivie, and I made her a quilt. Machine pieced, hand quilted.


 The 2 1/2-inch strips are raspberry, lemon yellow, and apple green gingham, kona white, and a fruit-and-flowers print. The thin border is a pink-on-pink print.  
 
 

And there's a different pink-on-pink for the backing.  I hand quilted with perl cotton and bound it with more of the green gingham.
I'd tell you the size, but I forgot to measure it and now it's in the mail. I hope Ivie likes her quilt!




Make it a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your new niece! Love the sweet fabrics in this quilt. How long did it take for the hand stitching? Want to try that with perle cotton one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable - I'm so sorry I didn't get a picture of it - which is why I didn't post it!! May I copy this pic and post to my blog? I love the simplicity of this happy quilt - it's one of my favorite patterns! Nicely done! You're becoming quite the hand quilter!!! xo, Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Nan! (I haven't posted any of the pics I took at quilt group yet,and I don't think I have everyone's work either! How about we just say it's covered between the two of us?) :D

      Delete
  3. Love how it turned out!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete